Indonesia’s Directorate General of Immigration has temporarily suspended visa applications. The limitation is valid from January 1 to January 14, 2021.
According to Circular Letter IMI- 2034.GR.01.01 2020 ON TEMPORARY CLOSURE OF ENTRY OF FOREIGNERS TO THE REGION OF INDONESIA
“c. Attache / Immigration Technical Staff / Foreign Service Officer:
1) Temporarily refuse all visa applications;
2) Delivering information that the Non-Immigration Tax State Revenue that has been paid cannot be returned;
3) Delivering information that foreigners holding ITAS / ITAP and / or re-entry permits that will expire and are currently abroad during the temporary closing period of entry of foreigners into Indonesian territory, can extend online through an online residence permit application.
e. Head of the Immigration Office in charge of Immigration Checkpoints:
1) Refusing to provide entry signs for foreigners to Indonesian territory based on the Regulation of the Minister of Law and Human Rights Number 44 of 2015 concerning Procedures for Examination of Entry and Exit of Indonesian Territory at Immigration Checkpoints;
2) Performing supervision and control relating to immigration checks and issuing entry signs to:
a) holders of diplomatic visas and official visas related to official visits of foreign officials at Ministerial level and above,
b) the holder of a diplomatic residence permit and an official residence permit,
c) holders of limited stay permits and permanent residency permits, and
d) the crew of the transportation means entering by means of their transportation;
6. b. This circular letter is valid from 1 to 14 January 2021 and will be further evaluated”.
The source: SURAT EDARAN NOMOR IMI- 2034.GR.01.01 TAHUN 2020 TENTANG PENUTUPAN SEMENTARA MASUKNYA ORANG ASING KE WILAYAH INDONESIA