If you intend to work or earn income in Indonesia, you will need to obtain a work visa. The KITAS work visa allows foreign citizens to officially work in the country.
Without this visa, you are not allowed to work and earn money in Indonesia.
A work visa is issued for a specific position in a specific company, so it is not possible to obtain a work permit before employment. You are not allowed to work in several companies or in different positions at the same time. In addition, many vacancies are completely closed to foreigners.
A work permit can be issued for a different period, it can be extended or not. It depends on different factors. Validity is 6 or 12 months.
This permit is valid for the same period as a multiple-entry visa.
You can leave the country and return as many times as you need. KITAS is not canceled in this case.
In some cases, you can apply for a 5-year work visa:
- You are a director of a PMA type company in Indonesia.
- You are a qualified professional with a higher education and a minimum of 5 years of work experience in the same field as the one in which you will work in Indonesia.
A work kitas allows foreign nationals to officially work and earn income in Indonesia. You must have an employment contract with a local company.
Requirements for a working kitas:
- Passport valid for at least 18 months;
- Passport cover;
- Photo size 4×6 cm, on a red background;
- Diploma/Bachelor’s degree certificate;
- Letter of recommendation from the previous company (employment book)
- Medical insurance.
- The Deed of Establishment;
- Decree of the Minister of Justice and Human Rights of the Republic of Indonesia on the ratification of the company’s memorandum of association. – SK (Decree of the Minister of Justice.);
- Company information from AHU – AHU data;
- Company TIN (tax number) – NPWP;
- PKKPR (Location Permit) – PKKPR;
- Standard Certificate
- NIB – business license;
- Company letterhead and stamp;
- ID of the director of the company (if he is an Indonesian citizen), passport and kitas of the director (if he is a foreigner);
- Visa Online login and password (if any);
- Confirmation of a company’s mandatory employment report that is still valid;
- Employment contract;
- Company account statement with a minimum balance of $2,000.
The cost of a working kitas for 1 year is from 13 million plus $ 1200 state tax. The final price depends on the package of documents provided.
The cost of a working kitas for 6 months is from 9 million plus $600 state tax. The final price depends on the package of documents provided.
— bank card;
— in cash at the office in Bali;
— in cash through Alfamart;
— in cash to a courier in Bali.
A work kitas is issued for 6 months or 1 year.
The term for issuing an onshore kitas is about 2-3 months, the current visa must be B211.
The term for issuing an offshore kitas is 1-2 months.
The visa extension procedure must begin no later than one month before the expiration of the current visa.
To extend your visa, you will need to provide the same documents as for the first visa issue.
- update the company’s employment report, which is still valid;
- provide the ID of the Indonesian employee who takes over the experience;
- register with BPJS HEALTH & BPJS Employment;
- provide a personal NPWP (tax number);
- provide SKTT (resident card).