The Indonesian Immigration Directorate has issued a letter number IMI-GR.01.01-0331 dated February 11, 2021, which details the entry rules for foreigners, visa application requirements and current visa extensions.
The following categories of citizens are exempt from the ban on entry into Indonesia:
1. Holders of a valid temporary residence permit (ITAS) or permanent residence permit (ITAP);
2. Holders of a valid Indonesian electronic visa (eVisa);
3. Medical, food and humanitarian workers;
4. Foreign citizens working on vital strategic projects, vital national facilities, national strategic projects.
Foreign nationals referred to in clauses 3, 4, 5 must receive letters of recommendation from the relevant ministries / institutions in Indonesia and present them to the immigration officers upon arrival.
Foreign citizens applying for an electronic visa:
1. Not required to attach the results of the RT-PCR test.
2. Must attach a statement of readiness to provide treatment at their own expense if they get infected with COVID-19 during their stay in Indonesia.
Foreign nationals who have renewed their Visit Permit (Izin Tinggal Kunjungan) 4 times and have not exceeded 180 days, and those who held a Temporary Residence Permit (ITAS) and are not eligible to renew their permits, must apply for an Onshore Visa.