Indonesia’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs issued a document clarifying vaccination regulations for foreigners in Indonesia on July 8.
Among the main points:
1. Foreigners leaving Indonesia from Jakarta or without domestic flights are not required to present a COVID-19 vaccination card.
2. Foreigners under 12 years old entering Indonesia and traveling around with their parents are not required to present a COVID-19 vaccination card.
3. Foreigners with a COVID-19 medical exemption are not required to present a COVID-19 vaccination card for international and domestic travel but required to provide a certificate from a specialist justifying the medical exemption.
4. Vaccinated foreigners entering Indonesia without a medical exemption must provide a full vaccination card (of full dose vaccination) against the COVID-19, with a vaccine, which is valid in the respective country or region of residence.
5. Flight crew members are not required to provide COVID-19 vaccination cards.
6. Foreigners who fly out of Indonesia and must transit through Jakarta are not required to present a COVID-19 vaccination card if they do not leave the airport transit area in Jakarta, and also have:
permission from the local port health authority (Kantor Kesehatan Pelabuhan) to travel
and air tickets outside Indonesia with direct transit from the city of departure to an international airport in Indonesia with a final destination in the country of destination.
7. Foreigners with a temporary and permanent residence permit (KITAS / KITAP) can be vaccinated by presenting their passport and the original KITAS / KITAP at the vaccination centers.
8. Foreigners without a KITAS / KITAP can be vaccinated against COVID-19 through the Gotong Royong Mutual Cooperation Vaccination Program.
9. Officials and families of representatives of foreign countries and international organizations in Indonesia who have received an invitation to vaccinate against COVID-19 from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Indonesia are encouraged to receive vaccination against COVID-19 through the Gotong Royong Mutual Cooperation Vaccination Program in their area.
All medical documents, including vaccination certificates and medical exemption certificates, must be submitted to local authorities in English or Indonesian.
download the original of the official document: 4_5998920198306924770
photo: REUTERS/Dado Ruvic